C14. Masters of Movement - on MP3 (Nonmember price)
Taught by Steve HagenThe Zen Ancestor Hui-neng overheard two monks arguing about a flag fluttering in the breeze. One insisted that flag was moving, the other that the air was moving. Hui-neng said to the monks, “Mind is moving.”
In this class we’ll consider this and other brief but profound observations by the Buddha, Nagarjuna, Seng-ts’an, Shih-t’ou, and Dogen. Each points to a seeming conundrum or paradox of Mind and motion, and to a resolution that is always in plain sight.
INCLUDED IN THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD:
- Six one-hour class audio recordings in mp3
- Class syllabus (PDF)
- Text: Examination of Moved and Not Moved (PDF)
- Text: Dogen's Genjokoan (PDF)
- Text: The Merging of Difference and Unity (PDF)
- Text: The Perfection of Wisdom (PDF)
- Text: Trusting the Heartmind (PDF)
- Text: The Gateless Gate, Case 29 (PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: A download link will be provided on the confirmation screen immediately after submitting your payment. You will also receive a confirmation email with the link, which expires after downloading the files 2 times. Download times may vary but is approximately 2 minutes.