- CLASSES ON MP3 or CD
- C10. Nagarjuna: Philosophy of the Middle Way - on MP3 (Member price)
C10. Nagarjuna: Philosophy of the Middle Way - on MP3 (Member price)
Taught by Steve Hagen
Based on Nagarjuna's Verses on the Middle Way (Mulamadhyamakakarika), this series carefully examines the emptiness of all phenomena and demolishes all of our common concepts of time, space, motion, identity, location, cause and effect, conditionality, sense, and self. This radical and profound, yet accessible work points directly to the truth evident in what we see and experience. His teachings form the foundation not only for Zen, but for all the Mahayana schools. All of Mahayana literature is most completely elucidated by his works. Students are led through a verse-by-verse examination of this foundational Buddhist writing.
- Causation and Change
- The Non-substantiality of Phenomena
- The Nature of Subjective Experience
- The Nature of Objective Experience
- Concerning Ultimate Reality
INCLUDED IN THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD:
- Thirty one-hour class audio recordings in mp3
- Class syllabus (PDF)
- Text: The Middle Way Plain & Simple (PDF)
- Text: Bibliography (PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: Download links will be provided on the confirmation screen immediately after submitting your payment. You will also receive a confirmation email with the links, which expire after downloading the files 2 times. Download times may vary but is approximately 10 minutes.